The number of patients requiring hemodialysis is continuously increasing, with a growing share of medically challenging patients combined with limited financial and human resources.
Fresenius Medical Care's commitment to continuous improvement and to the development of new dialysis products and therapies has led to the 5008S CorDiax.
The 5008S CorDiax offers sophisticated therapy options and excellent usability for the home hemodialysis patient, combined with the thoughtful and efficient use of dialysis resources. The 5008S CorDiax helps you to protect your patient while they undergo treatment in their home environment, day by day.
Safe and effective therapy:
- ONLINE HDF – the dialysis therapy of choice1-6
- Blood Temperature Monitor (BTM)
- Monitoring of dialysis dose by OCM® (online clearance monitoring and plasma sodium measurement)
- Single-needle method
- Absolute patient safety including ultrapure dialysis fluid (DIASAFE®plus filter)
- Integrated Venous Access Monitor (VAM)
- VenAcc device for detection of venous needle dislocation
- Remote control for convenient operation
- Long-term patient surveillance
Simple handling for home patients:
- Well-designed user interface with large, clear touch-screen monitor
- Optimized ergonomics
Cost-effective use of resources:
- Efficient and sustainable
- Online priming bolus and substitution reinfusion offering complete elimination of saline and irrigation bags
- AutoFlow and Ecoflow – saving water, concentrates and energy
- Locatelli F et al. J Am Soc Nephrol 2010:21:1798–807.
- Carracedo J et al. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006;17:2315–21.
- Gerdemann A et al. Nephrol Dial Tranplant 2002;17:1045–9.
- Canaud B. Contrib Nephrol 2007;158:216–24.
- Jirka T et al. Kidney Int 2006;70:1524–5.
- Canaud B et al. Kidney Int 2006;69:2087–93.